Venice

1. I wanna go. : ) Thanks for the proxy visit. Great pics sounds like an understatement.

11/08/2012 at 22:21

2. Lovely photos!
    If you like photography, we’d like to invite you to participate in our next Travel Photography Competition. Here are the details:
    Happy travels!

11/08/2012 at 23:26

• Thank you very much for your invitation, I’m certainly not in the same league as those photographers, however.

11/10/2012 at 17:00

• You’re very welcome! All of them are amateur photographers, so you should try your luck! 🙂

11/10/2012 at 21:44

3. Your photos are outstanding, I’ve always wanted to see Venice in Winter time. I went one time on a school trip when I was 17, but that was in the middle of August and the streets were jammed. I lived in Italy for two years and never made it up there again, but Italians have told me there’s a really strange and special atmosphere in Winter. How did you find it?

11/09/2012 at 00:56

• You’re far too kind, thank you very much.

I definitely found it a magical place in winter. Having never been outside of winter time, I suppose it’s difficult to compare it to any other time, but there was something about the place that certainly had a special aura. The fog, the quiet streets, the mystique. Something about travelling in winter that lets you feel really connected to a place. Have heard it’s very crowded and a bit smelly in summer – in winter you almost “own” the areas that you travel to.

There’s just one thing to it, you’ll have to go during winter!

11/10/2012 at 17:04

4. Love these, some fantastic shots! Brings back happy memories of my trip to Venice a few years ago 🙂 Maybe I’ll dig my old photos out for a look!

11/09/2012 at 05:07

5. petit4chocolatier

Gorgeous photos! Love the written Amore!

11/09/2012 at 11:54